The Stev-In Educational Program
Since 2008 Family Care Missions has been assisting the Stev-In Village School and Feeding Program which caters to the Gichagi Community in Kangemi.
160 children from poor families receive education up to Class 8 KCPE Exams and a daily school lunch at the School.
A weekend Fellowship provides spiritual support for some members of the Community and a Counseling Service assists to cope with problems such as HIV/Aids and substance abuse which is prevalent in the area.
Family Care Missions sponsorship consists of:
- Monthly supply of Food Staples for the Feeding Program
- Repair and painting of the Classrooms
- Building of the latrines
- Sourcing educational materials and books
- Sponsorship for several of the children for Secondary School
- Food Aid for widowed families of the surrounding Community